Located in the historic Soundy Building (1883), adjoining the State Cinema on Elizabeth Street in the vibrant North Hobart cultural hub, the State Cinema Bookstore is a boutique store selling fine books, paper, stationery and gifts. We specialise in non-fiction, travel, art, fashion, architecture, and hand-selected fiction titles along with a wide range of stationery items including LAMY pens and Moleskine notebooks. Gift Vouchers are also available.
With the State Cinema, Bookstore and Café Bar all on the one premises, you can now enjoy a fine film, coffee or glass of wine, and take home your next great read all in one visit. We’re open from 10am seven days a week, and until late on Friday and Saturday nights, so you can pop in at your leisure for a treat anytime!
Lonely Planet "Make My Day" Flipbooks.
We have a wonderful new range from Lonely Planet, these unique guides allow you to effortlessly plan your perfect day. Flip through the sections and mix and match your itinerary for morning, afternoon and evening. There are currently only a few cities in the series, but more are being released each month.
- Build your own day from more than 2000 itinerary combinations
- Insider tips get you to the heart of the city’s must-see sights and experiences
- Maps and transport planner help you get your bearings and navigate between sights
- Restaurants and cafes close to your chosen destinations
- Full colour images of every sight and activity
- Essential need-to-know info about the city
Pop in and have a look for yourself.
Mon-Thurs: 10am - 6.30pm
Fri: 10am - 9pm
Sat: 10am - 9pm
Sun: 10am - 6.30pm